Friday, December 15, 2006

My Teeth are Falling Out

Yesterday I took my Mother to the Cosmetic Dentist as she had surgery for a "Dental Implant".

While sitting in the waiting room I was bombarded by messages from a 32" LCD television that continually played "The Smile Channel" and ran "Dental Health Quizzes".


*AARGHHH*

Seeing teeth that appeared to transform from those that hadn't been brushed for years into movie star smiles was nauseating enough, but the images I was left with of "liquid candy" (i.e., essentially everything I consume) waging war on my enamel on an endless basis left me feeling, well...dirty.

Now, I can tell you by the suppleness of the leather sofa I was sitting on that these folks make a hefty profit on their work.

Veneers, implants, invisalign...I didn't see any of those options on my Dental Plan.

I can imagine the dollars leeching out of my pockets....*sigh*

1 comment:

CruiserMel said...

My dentist runs thoses videos, too. It's fascinating AND kinda sick at the same time - like a car wreck. Like having a great smile makes life so much sweeter. Which I can sorta understand, but when it comes down to it, it's you and the mirror and all that lies beneath - and it's the beneath part that matters. No veneer (which means fake outer shell) can help the insides.

Uh oh - sorry for the long post - company Xmas party today. Wine involved.

Anyway - I'm making a note to change dentists in 2007.