Monday, December 18, 2006

What a Boob...

Soooo...I lost my internet connection over the weekend

*poof*

One page I was surfin' & the next click I was out of fracking luck. I start racking my brain trying to figure out what I had done to offend the internet Gods. Or maybe it was the little men who live inside my computer...have I been neglecting them?

I'd just downloaded some so called "critical security updates", run a spyware scan to remove any offending bugs from my tempermental lifeline to the outside world. Certainly I'd been doing everything possible to keep the infernal machine happy!

But Noooo...the damB thing cuts me off midstream...AND, I've got a deadline for a on-line game I'm playing with some on-line friends looming in 3 hours. Hey, I'm a team player....I can't let my team down! Soooo, I call up my neighbor and ask if I can use her internet connection to send off the answers for this game...she's a good sport and plays along. So I intrude on her Saturday afternoon for 15 minutes, apologizing profusely for my internet addiction, and quickly bow out of her living room, quietly cursing to myself.

As my brain continues to review every random keystroke of the last hours before my life was so rudely interrupted, my "Dear" Husband asks incredulously, "what, no internet? This really interferes with my plans to make a last minute Christmas order and do some research 'blah, blah, blah'".

I think my head is going to explode.

Finally, I reach my ISP and some wonderful man on the other end of the phone spends an inordinate amount of time with me trying to discover what stupid thing I have done to my machine, which he finally does. It takes all of 10 seconds to fix and he doesn't make me feel stupid for having been such a BOOB.

But the important thing is I'm free again, the world is at my fingers! - Yipee!

3 comments:

CruiserMel said...

And you think this hasn't happened to um, EVERYONE?

I spent 2 hours this morning battling with my printer at work to print...wait for it.....labels for company Xmas cards. Only to find out I had clicked the "manual feed" option and couldn't figure out why it kept saying "no paper". duh.

Welcome to the club.

Dezdmona said...

Yea, yea...I've done stupid stuff before, but I hate it when I have to consult the techno-wizards.

I wasn't able to clean up my own mess which frustrates me to no end.

Sgt said...

LOL. Pressed by an in-game deadline. I mean really, who does...

OK.. yeah I hate when that happens too.