Thursday, December 18, 2008

Great Grandma V

Photobucket

Her soul left us this evening, but we really lost her several years ago to the insidious mind stealing disease known as Alzheimers.

Grandma V was one of the most special people I have ever known. She & Grandpa V welcomed me into the family with open arms & loving hearts 18 years ago. I always felt as welcome in their home as if I had grown up there.

I could give a recounting of her life, but I'd rather state simply that not only was she the foundation of a family, she was a beloved member of her community. I'm told that even the Hospice staff at the Nursing Home cried when she passed. I can only hope to pass on the lessons she quietly inspired to my son. Certainly that would be a legacy she would be proud to see endure.

While I am saddened we have lost such a fine woman, I am grateful that Grandma V has been freed from the body that failed her to be reunited with her Savior and husband of 60+ years. I know she is joyful to have reached her eternal home, and will have a large meal waiting for us when we arrive there.

"I'm Spending Christmas With Jesus This Year"

I see the countless trees around the world below With tiny lights like Heaven's stars reflecting on the snow The sight is so spectacular, please wipe away that tear, For I'm spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear But they can't compare with the Christmas choir up here I have no words to tell you, the joy their voices bring For it's beyond description to hear the angels sing I know how much you miss me, I see the pain inside your heart But I'm not so far away, we really aren't apart.

Please love and keep each other, as my Father said to do For I can't count the blessings of love He has for you I can't tell you of the splendor, nor the peace in this place Can you imagine Christmas with our Savior face to face?

I'll ask Him to light your spirit as I tell him of your love Then pray for one another as you lift your eyes above. So, please let your hearts be joyful, and let your spirit sing For I'm spending Christmas in Heaven, and I'm walking with the King.

No comments: