Friday, October 10, 2008

I Used To Have Money One Time

I had Cadillacs in my future
Debutantes in my past
I made a deal with the devil for a whole lot of money
Thinkin’ it would last and last
But a fool and his money are bound to part
And what goes up must come down
So take my advice, don’t trust the roll of the dice
Keep your feet on solid ground
I used to have money one time
Now I ain’t got a dime
~Jimmy Buffett

I don't even want to try to deconstruct the specifics of the Economic "Crash of 2008", but because of it, I've calculated that we won't be able to retire until we are 120. So, like a lot of people, we're re-thinking our retirement plans. Rather than live in a beach villa, we're downsizing our expectations, and buying Lotto tickets.

For those of you who invested short, a small donation to my PayPal account would be most appreciated. With any luck it would forstall our move into the "fixer-upper" lean-to we've been eyeing. Of course, we've also considered bunking with friends. I hear it's the "retro" thing to do these days. Flashback to college, living on a wing and a prayer, retreating into your your own space in a community house. I have fond memories of those times, perhaps it wouldn't be so bad to revisit? Hmmm....

I don't know about bears or bulls, but I do know a bit about sharks, and trust me...they're circling, honey.

No comments: