Tuesday, November 25, 2008

This Year Gone By Ain't Been A Piece Of Cake...

"Here I’m singin’ happy birthday
Better think about the about the wish I make...
...Just one more candle and a trip around the sun"


My attitude about birthdays has always been, the more the better.

But this has been a difficult year.
Not that I'm unappreciative of the daily gifts, but the trials that we have had to walk this year have tested us like we never imagined.

While I am not one to share our private struggles publicly, I would like to thank those of you who have supported us through these dark days.

Today on my birthday, I am hopeful of renewal, a reaffirmation of life itself.

I have seen this power in action before...when we were told there was little or no chance of conceiving a child; yet nearly 10 years ago we were blessed with the birth of a son.

In this spirit of rebirth and renewal, I propose a new beginning on this day.

In every loss, there is the opportunity for new growth.

And on this day of birth, we shall begin again.

I would like to thank each and every one of you for your outpouring of support, generous gifts and well wishes.

And, while I pray that you never experience a year as difficult as this one has been for us; if you do, I can only hope that you are as blessed as I am to have friends & family in your life as I do.

2 comments:

CruiserMel said...

Aw, happy bday (though belated a bit) Dez. I'm sorry to hear of some roadbumps, but you've got a good attitude about moving onwards and upwards. These dang birthdays come quicker and quicker, don't they? I'm about ready to start having bdays every seven years like my dog....wait.... they age 7 years every one year to us. Nevermind. :P

Anonymous said...

I am sorry it has been a difficult year, but as you say, growth abounds through such. I am reminded of Gibran's passage on Joy and Sorrow; I cannot quote it right now but I have a feeling you know the one. May this year be incredible for you and your family. I feel a change about to happen in the world and I can't help but think ... it's a good one.
Miss you!