Thursday, March 22, 2007

We Are The People Our Parents Warned Us About…

Last night there was a phlocking of a few phriends from high school. We reminisced about old times and caught up about our current lives.


The occasion was because the daughter of one of us is getting married this weekend. Both she, her intended and her sister were there. That didn’t stop any of us “older” folks from cutting loose about who was “hot” or not, who was a gold digger or black widow, who was (un)ethical in business and what we thought about it.

One of us even had the foresight to bring our old school “yearbook” so we could gossip about the indiscretions of those who were unfortunate enough not to be in our good graces or intelligent enough to have hung out with us in our younger days… or stood the test of time with us.

Sigh…time.

Somewhere I took a right instead of a left, and I’m thankful of the phriends that persist in keeping up with me in spite of my windward ways. You are special to me…life is a hellova ride, let’s do it together.

And for AED and AI, I have only one word of advice for your marriage. Patience.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

May friendship, like wine, improve as time advances,
And may we always have old wine, old friends, and young cares.

~Unknown

CruiserMel said...

O Em Gee, I haven't been checking on your blog in awhile. Look what I missed! Dang, that was fun! Okay, so I felt it pretty bad the next day, but so worth it! Love the pictures.

I agree with what anonymous said. Nice one.

Dezdmona said...

Oh yea...we had a great time. I can't believe we don't meet more often.

Can't wait for June!

Unknown said...

Friendship is a great "emotion" if you will....because there are so many emotions that come with friendship. We have all taken different roads in life - both good and bad but it is so nice to know that any of us can just make a phone call or two (ok emails these days) & can get several "friends" together in just a short time. That is so cool! - To clear something up - it is AED & George (the wedding couple) & the pictures SUCK BIG TIME! We will have to get new ones in June!