Monday, April 30, 2007

O The Stories We Can Tell...

So the Jimmy Buffett traveling circus pulled in to Pizza Hut Park in Frisco, Texas last Saturday and over 600 of my closest friends showed up for a hellova tailgate party.
The pictures don’t do it justice…

A Parrothead “Phlocking” is something that must be experienced in person…the sounds, smells and weather; yes, Jimmy brought the weather with him.

You gotta understand, that some people dabble into Buffett music for the “fun” songs then find that it goes a lot deeper…there’s some good stuff in the man’s treasure chest. I’ve found pearls of wisdom in those lyrics that have inspired me through good times and bad; and on the road have found some amazing friends and genuinely good people.

Jimmy, you’ve while you may not sit with us in person, you’ve brought a lot of kindred spirits together and forged what some of us old hippie types would call a “movement”.
It’s a good thing.

This weekend I watched Parrotheads unite to raise $2,300 for breast cancer research…that’s what’s called partying with a purpose folks.

Jimmy's setlist was fabulous for long-time Jimmy fans ... he covered Texas songwriters/friends Willie Nelson, Guy Clark, Lyle Lovett and Willis Allen Ramsey. He ended the show with North East Texas Women giving a shout out to the NETWomen he met a long time ago ...

I can't say enough about how Jimmy's final encore of Tonight I Just Need My Guitar with him sitting alone in the spotlight is a perfect tribute for long time fans who can remember him before the big shows.
As Jimmy said before the lights went out, thank you for tonight and every night for the past 40 years, it's been an amazing run.

Is there something (else) we'd be doin' if we could?

Not a chance.

And if you ever wonder why we ride this carrousel,
We do it for the stories we can tell.



(Love those Texas Women)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dez!

What a great time ... loved every minute of it, though most of the afternoon is a blur. And, I don't drink! Oh, wait. Maybe it was the PHarmAde that kicked my butt.

Loved being with you, your sweet husband and that wonderful keet.

$2,300 check going to the National Breast Cancer Foundation ... located appropriately in FRISCO.

Until next year.

Your pal,
ETP

Anonymous said...

Dez...Your words capture the essence of our Feeding Freenzy. I couldnt have said it better myself!
It is truely something that to understand...'you just gotta be there'
Luv ya!
-PHbaby (kandy)

CruiserMel said...

I'm thrilled that you guys had such a great time. I only wish I could've joined you. And who knows - JB just might google for himself and come visit your blog.

Dezdmona said...

ETP..Gotta watch the PharmAde.
Sure enjoyed seeing you and Lynn.
We should be proud of ourselves raising $ for Boobies.

Kandy...We had a great time in the Leaky Tiki. I'll never forget the looks of amazement from the folks we drove past. AWEsome.

Mel...save the date for next year. It's likely to be late April.
If JB visits my blog, he better let me know about it!

Girl Power x 4 said...

Yes, I must go at least an entire day before next year! Your pictures are great and raising money while at Buffett... now that IS very impressive. Maybe we'll catch you next year!

Kat