Wednesday, April 25, 2007

On The Road Again...

Ok..I’ve been negligent. But I’ve been whooping off with friends in Houston where we celebrated the inaugural concert of Jimmy Buffett’s 2007 Bama Breeze summer tour last Saturday night.

Before the actual concert, my husband son & I met about 150 friends for a weekend of eating, drinking, dancing, a live band, and cooler racing? Yes, cooler racing. There was a rooftop pool party, and jello shots in the parking lot (warning…jello shots go down waaay too easy and pack a big punch).

By the time the Head Parrot hit the stage in Minute Maid Park the Parrothead faithful were in a tumultuous uproar. Jimmy didn’t disappoint. He revved the crowd up early with favorites like Fins, Son of A Son of A Sailor, and One Particular Harbor, I was thrilled that he dug into the old treasure chest and played two songs by Texas singer songwriter Willis Alan Ramsey, The Ballad of Spider John and Northeast Texas Women. There were also new favorites, Cinco de Mayo in Memphis, Bama Breeze and Regabilly Hill. The show ended with a lovely harmony of the Beach Boys cover In My Room and finally a Jimmy acoustic solo to a near silent stadium while he sang Tonight I Just Need My Guitar. The man knows how to work a room…no matter the size.

So, like a band of gypsies we'll go down that highway makin' music with our parrothead friends.
We'll be doing it all again Saturday when this travelin' carnival stops in Frisco, TX. Until then...I'll be hanging out at the Bama Breeze.

1 comment:

Williebee said...

I so hate you right now.

Nah, I'm just jealous.

Willis Ramsey? Geez there's a name I haven't heard in awhile.

AND, Just so you know? I'm listening to your song right now.