Sunday, January 14, 2007

Ice Storm


Why is it when we get “winter weather” in North Texas it can’t be snow? Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not asking for more cold weather, in fact I absolutely abhor cold weather. But my attitude about it is that if it’s going to be cold, cloudy gray and spitting nasty stuff from the sky, it may as well be fluffy and white.

One of the reasons I live in Texas is so I don’t have to experience “winter” as many folks do. We usually get one or two hard freezes a year, and maybe one “winter weather” event. As far as I’m concerned, it only needs to get cold enough to kill the mosquito’s.

Watching the weather people standing along the highways scraping ice off of their eyelashes is just abusive…and funny as hell. Those folks should get hazardous duty pay. No self respecting Police Officer would stand on the side of a highway with people who have been living in drought conditions trying to drive on frozen precipitation!

It’s a good thing I don’t have to be anywhere, my son is plugged into his computer games, we’ve got plenty of DVD’s and sports to keep us entertained, so I’m just going to stay inside and turn up the Caribbean rhythms to create some virtual sunshine.

Feel free come back and visit me in August when I’m complaining about how many days we’ve had over 110°.

3 comments:

CruiserMel said...

I'm with ya, if it's going to be cold and nasty, just do it enough that we can't go anywhere. This is getting boring here. I look outside and yes, I could go someplace, but THEY keep saying "here it comes" so I'm scared to get the car out. Ridiculous.

Oh - and fyi - I'll be complaining along side of you in August, too. LOL

Dezdmona said...

I just love watching the weather people that the TV stations put outside in ice storms, hurricanes, etc...

I'll never forget the lady who was so frozen she could barely form words.
I felt so sorry for her I could barely stop laughing.

Williebee said...

And yet, here where it's supposed to be frozen (about 75 miles east of STL) we have the same drizzle and 40-45 we've had for 3 weeks. But no, there's no such thing as global warming....

Awesome image, btw.