Sunday, January 7, 2007

Surfer Girl Fare You Well

Ok, so Christmas and my daughter’s wedding are over. Everyone has returned to their respective ports o’ call, and with tomorrow night’s National Title game, I will consider the Season officially over.

The wedding was very nice. The only people who noticed what went wrong were those that did the planning. I’m sure it’s great fun to collect Wedding and Christmas gifts at the same time! I still have some things I got for wedding gifts. Ooooh, that was a loooong time ago. Anyway, she was still carrying her bridal boquet the day after the wedding - how cool is that!

Our (nearly) 8 y/o son was the ring bearer. He thought that was pretty cool, kinda like Frodo charged with carrying the Ring of Power. He was so proud to dress up in his suit and tie. He wanted to see everything that happened during the ceremony and had to crawl onto the platform with the Bride and Groom to get a clear view of them lighting the Unity Candle. But hey, he did dance with his sister, his mother and grandmother at the Reception.

Now, if I can just learn how to work all the new toys we got for Christmas I’ll be ready to head to the Caribbean at the end of the month.

2 comments:

CruiserMel said...

Wow, you have been busy! Love the pic of L. He looks so grown up. I can't BELIEVE you were the mother of the bride. We're way too young for that nonsense. :)

Merry Belated Christmas and welcome to 2007. YAY!

Dezdmona said...

I hear ya - just when I was starting to feel old, you've made me feel young again!